This article will explain how to check on the status of your defendant’s service purchased on a case through Dispute. In short, Dispute displays all the information we have on the attempts made, right on your case dashboard.
Purchased Defendant ($99) service through Dispute
There are four different statuses that a purchased Defendant’s Service can be in on the Dispute platform:
- Click the red “Start” button when you are ready for this service to begin. You have the opportunity to change the address of service and provide notes to the process server at this stage.
Waiting for Court Paperwork
- Dispute is waiting on the court processed paperwork that is required for Defendant’s Service. Usually this means we’re routinely checking with the court for these documents. But we may require you to provide this for us via email.
- Dispute has hired a process server, and they will shortly begin making 4 attempts to serve the court documents (according to local laws) to the defendant at the address shown. This process can take 2-4 weeks.
- Dispute will reach out via email to the user if the process server has any feedback from the ongoing attempts.
- The process server hired by Dispute has finished their Defendant’s Service and Dispute has uploaded your filed affidavit for your records. It can be downloaded from the red “View” button.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us.