Dispute logo



Motion and Order to Continue

Updated on Fri Sep 23 2022 |

How to reschedule my small claims hearing date in Arizona?

  1. Complete the required forms (see left)

    • Motion to Continue (AOC-LJV9F-080520)
    • Order to Continue (AOC LJCV10F-080520)
  2. Notify the defendant of your intent to postpone the trial

    You have to notify the defendant and have evidence of service of process. An easy way to do this is through certified mail.

  3. File forms to court

    Once the defendant is notified, write the date of service on letter. Then, file your Motion to Continue and Order to Continue to court.

    When filing your form, you have a few options. You could file in-person at the courthouse. Or you can e-file or mail your forms. Make sure you get a copy that is stamped with the date of filing. This is also called the conformed copy.

  4. Obtain the court's approval If the court has not returned the conformed copy after you’ve filed, you should make sure they have received it. You can do so by calling the court. Have your case number and the date you filed on hand. Tell the court that you filed an Order and Motion to Continue for your small claim and you want to check the processing status.

If the court has not accepted your Motion to Continue, you should prepare to go to trial on your original hearing date.

Related Forms

See All Forms →